Sonitrol Security of the Triangle Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I. Customer Support
1.1 Who do I call for support for my existing system?
1.2 Who do I call to make changes to my existing system?
1.3 Who do I call to ask about an on-site service request?
1.4 Who do I call about billing?
1.5 Who do I call to obtain a quote for a new system?
1.6 What do I do when an alarm goes off?
1.7 What do I do when the police have been dispatched?
1.8 How will I know when the police have been dispatched?
1.9 Is there a fine when police are dispatched? If so, how much?
1.10 Who does Sonitrol call in case of an emergency?
II. Programming Account Issues
2.1 How do I send a test signal?
2.2 What does sending a test signal accomplish?
2.3 How do I add/delete an individual from my system?
2.4 How do I restrict access to certain individuals?
2.5 What is my current building unlock schedule?
2.6 What times are my employees allowed to access my building?
2.7 Is there a website where I can make changes to my system?
2.8 How long does it take for a requested change to be completed?
2.9 Can Central Station assist with changes to my facility?
2.10 How do I update my Call List?
1.1 Who do I call for support for my existing system?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
After hours, you will need to contact Central Station at 800-866-9003 and request to have an on-call technician paged.
[back to top]
1.2 Who do I call to make changes to my existing system?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
All requests will be completed in a 24-hour time frame. Any requests submitted after hours will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
1.3 Who do I call to ask about an on-site service request?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com
After hours, you will need to contact Central Station at 800-866-9003 and request to have an on-call technician paged.
[back to top]
1.4 Who do I call about billing?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611. Leave a voice message if calling after hours and billing questions will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
1.5 Who do I call to obtain a quote for a new system?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 and request to speak with a sales person.
[back to top]
1.6 What do I do when an alarm goes off?
During an alarm, your keypad will display the source of the alarm. To silence the alarm, type in your security code and press enter.
[back to top]
1.7 What do I do when the police have been dispatched?
A representative from your staff may need to be available to unlock the facility doors. Central Station will contact a person on your call list to notify the person of the alarm, what action, if any, is needed on their part, and update the person with the status of the police dispatch and investigation.
[back to top]
1.8 How will I know when the police have been dispatched?
Central Station will attempt to call the premise phone numbers and the full call list to notify your staff of a police dispatch. If Central Station is unable to reach anyone, they will leave a voice message with details of the dispatch. If the dispatch was considered a false alarm by the police, the police will mail a notice of the dispatch and possible attach a fine with the dispatch.
[back to top]
1.9 Is there a fine when police are dispatched? If so, how much?
If the police deem the dispatch as a false alarm, they will record the dispatch as such. All commercial properties are allotted 1 false alarm dispatch for free in a one year's time. Any other dispatch that is considered a false after the first dispatch will have a fine of $50. Each fine thereafter will go up another $50. Additional false alarms trigger graduating fines in $50 increments. The second false alarm, for example, is fined $50, the third $100, and so on.
[back to top]
1.10 Who does Sonitrol call in case of an emergency?
Central Station will attempt to contact the phone on the premises. They will then attempt to contact all names on the call list.
[back to top]
2.1 How do I send a test signal?
From a Sonitrol keypad:
1. Press the (*) button.
2. Select “Call” from your screen options.
3. Select “Yes” from your screen options.
4. You’ll hear a couple of beeps and that’s all that is needed.
[back to top]
2.2 What does sending a test signal accomplish?
Sending a test signal establishes communication between your Sonitrol security system and Central Station. The communication allows user changes, programming changes and updates to take affect for your system.
[back to top]
2.3 How do I add/delete an individual from my system?
Add/delete/change requests are completed by Sonitrol programmers. To request a change, during business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
All requests will be completed in a 24-hour timeframe. Any requests submitted after hours will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
2.4 How do I restrict access to certain individuals?
Access can be restricted by using Access Levels. Access levels determine the doors and the times certain individuals are allowed to access your facility.
[back to top]
2.5 What is my current building unlock schedule?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
All requests will be completed in a 24-hour timeframe. Any requests submitted after hours will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
2.6 What times are my employees allowed to access my building?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
All requests will be completed in a 24-hour timeframe. Any requests submitted after hours will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
2.7 Is there a website where I can make changes to my system?
mysonitrol.net was created to allow customers 1st hand access to their system. A mysonitrol.net account can be created by contacting your local Sonitrol branch.
[back to top]
2.8 How long does it take for a requested change to be completed?
Requests will be completed in a 24-hour timeframe. Any requests submitted after hours will be addressed the following business day.
[back to top]
2.9 Can Central Station assist with changes to my facility?
Depending on the request, Central Station may or may not be able to assist. The complexity of an individual account could prevent Central Station from making a programming change. Should an emergency change be required and Central Station is unable to assist, they will contact an authorized Sonitrol technician to assist with the programming change. Otherwise, the programming change will be completed the next business day by a Sonitrol programmer.
[back to top]
2.10 How do I update my Call List?
During business hours (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) you will need to contact the Raleigh branch at 848-3611 or via email at
sonitrol@sonitrol-raleigh.com.
[back to top]